Saturday, July 17, 2010

Done with a capital D

I am so sick and tired of trying my very best to be at scheduled playdates and then something happens and I don't make it. I want a friend that I can call and say,

Me: "Hey, what are you up to today?"
Friend: "Nothing much, you?"
Me: "Nothing, you want to come over and hang out and the kids can play?"
Friend: "Sure, I'll be there in about 20 min., we have to go to the grocery store today you want to go with us?"
Me: "Sure."

You get the jist. I miss Tiffany and Melissa. I miss just hanging out with someone without having to be at a specific place at a specific time and not knowing anyone there. I'm just done. These mommies groups are supposed to be for making friends but I just feel like I am going to baby meetings where I compare my parenting skills with all the other mommies then leave feeling like a big fat failure. It seems like most of the people in this mommy group I'm in are vegan (or some other form of vegetarian), breastfeeding as long as possible (while I only managed to bf for 3 months), and very liberal (which I am most definitely not!!). I feel like the only thing we have in common, basically are our children. What happened to just a few friends coming over and sitting on the front porch while the kids played in the yard? What happened to women who love their husbands and don't bash them with all their friends? I'm just not like that. I hate that I have such a hard time making friends. It's me, I know it's me but it's still lonely. I'm like that person that no one likes and everyone says, "if she would just do this or not do this then she would be really fun to hang out with" but I don't know what that thing is. No one ever seems to tell that person and no one has ever told me anything. Ugh whatever, I'm just in a rotten mood from missing a playdate this morning. Sometimes I really hate living this military life. This kind of life is for those women who can make friends easily, that's not me. I miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment