Sunday, July 11, 2010

Goals and Action Plans

Today we had a family meeting and discussed our goals, finances, and made an action plan for everything. I am so excited. We have finally made a budget and plan for going on an actual family vacation in Dec. 2011. I am also hoping to get the daycare up and running by Sept. 1, 2010. I am so excited to get things moving again. I felt like everything was on hold for way to long. We should be back ahead on our bills and everything in Sept. Michael also, finally, agreed that we would save 100% of his bonus this year. I couldn't be happier since I want to save as much as possible for a down payment on a house. We just had to double his spending budget to $300 from Sept.-Dec. I think that was a decently fair compromise. I just hope there aren't any unexpected expenses that come up. Michael also has plans to submit his WO packet and/or get promoted this year to E-5. I hope it all works out and that if he needs me I can help him out. We have made deadlines in both of our action plans so that we actually accomplish our goals. We have a bad habit of getting really excited about stuff and then the next day doing nothing about it. Now we have a specific time frame and an action plan that can very much be accomplished. I love days like this, when everything seems possible and we are moving forward with our dreams and goals. I feel so blessed to have such an ambitious husband. I don't think I would have lasted long with someone that didn't want to better themselves and/or their situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment